Meet Brett Williams!!
Brett is our September athlete of the month!!! Brett was one of our very first CFP athletes, he’s been here literally since day 1! He’s consistent & in the box at least 5-6 days a week. And thanks to all that consistency & hard work, Brett has made huge gains in his strength, endurance, mobility & power!!
Brett played collegiate baseball & while he has awesome hip mobility (as you can see above), he’s had 2 shoulder surgeries & has had to work hard on his shoulder strength and mobility!
Brett is an awesome athlete, one of the hardest working athletes in this box & always puts forth his best effort! We’re so glad Brett is a CFP athlete!! Oh, & he’s single, ladies!!! 😉
1. Tell us about yourself in a few sentences. My name is Brett (named after George Brett of the KC Royals), and I have been doing CrossFit since it opened here in Pineville. I took part in the first workout with Warren, Brandon, and Josh. Since then, I think Josh and I will both admit we have made some drastic improvements in our fitness levels. I think we just had a few wall balls and the brand spanking new rowing machines, but we were exhausted.. I played college baseball at East Carolina University, Mount Olive College, and with the CPL Edenton Steamers. I miss it every day and after two shoulder surgeries (both torn labrum) I have found a new outlet for my competitive ways . I am looking forward to continuing my success with CrossFit and seeing just how much better I can become. I can make a mean sweat angel!
2. What do you hope to achieve through CrossFit? I hope to get back some shoulder mobility as that has become the toughest to come by. I want to get in the best shape of my life while staying competitive with the friends I have made in the box. I would love to see a baseball comeback in the cards, just to be able to pitch again even if not in a super competitive league. Really just want to push myself to the limits and improve daily. Warren tells me “I can do anything for a minute”. I hate taking days off because I feel like I am cheating myself, I will no rep myself at a moments notice. When its all said and done I want to be able to lift as much as Brandon!
3. What is your favorite CF exercise? My favorite CrossFit activity does not involve a mailbox. My favorite is Box Jumps but only if going for a PR in height. Besides box jumps I enjoy the different squats, so probably back squats. Making sure not to sacrifice depth for higher weight.
4. What CF exercise do you least like? Least favorite activity is burpees, I am convinced they do them in Hell. Oh and Double Unders are the most frustrating exercise.
5. What would you tell someone considering trying CFP? Go for it, stop cheating yourself. The only way to improve yourself is to put the work in day in and day out. CrossFit is different than going to the gym on your own, you have people to work out with and it changes daily. You aren’t constantly doing the same movement week in and week out. You don’t just do aerobics, or weight lifting or running. You do it all on any given day. It is the total package, so stop putting it off and put yourself first! I will see you at CrossFit Pineville. I will be the one laying on the ground with the sweat angel.