Meet Josh Acuff!
Josh is our January Athlete of the Month!! Josh has been a CFP member since before day 1. Literally, he was there helping us paint, lay mats, and paint some more! Josh is a member of the 6am club, finishing his workout by 7am, getting more done than most will before noon!! He is married to another former CFP athlete of the month & they have 4 kids at home. But no excuses from Josh or Callie, they continue to make health & fitness a priority in their family! Josh is consistently at the box 4-5 times a week & it’s paying off! Josh is making gains, getting stronger & PRs weekly! Keep up the good work Joshua!
1. Tell us about yourself in a few sentences. Athlete of the month feels a lot like I’m filling out an internet dating profile. I like long walks on the beach and spicy Mexican food. Haha! My wife Callie and I have been married for 11 years this March and we have 4 children, so there’s never a dull moment in our house. I am a Charlotte native and a big Panthers fan. Despite your possible confusion regarding how I am related to Michelle, Brandon and Warren, know this, our family tree does have branches. It is not a straight line.
I am in to music, coffee and spending time with family and friends. And of course Crossfit Pineville.
2. What do you hope to achieve through CrossFit? When I went to the Harris YMCA in the mornings there was the typical crowd of treadmill-running gym go-ers and a bunch of old people falling apart. It was difficult to feel motivated and given the old folks in my midst, not yielding a desirable long term outcome. My overall goals through my membership at CFP are: to ensure that I am able to live healthy and active for as many years as possible, to improve my personal level of fitness over time, to stay injury free by working out smart and knowing my limits and to build relationships in our local community.
3. What is your favorite CF exercise? The one I’ve just finished (because it’s over.)
4. What CF exercise do you least like? I don’t have any that I really dislike. I have a love/hate relationship with wallballs and excessive burpees. I hate doing them but I love seeing them in the programming.
5. What would you tell someone considering trying CFP? Don’t believe what you hear about Crossfit. You have to try it for yourself. If you’re like me, then you’re probably never going to qualify for the regionals, let alone the actual Games. But you will push yourself beyond what you thought possible and will be in the best shape of your life if you stick with it.
Thanks for choosing me!