Breakfast Casseroles are great for chilly weekend mornings or made ahead of time for a quick & hearty on the go breakfast! A friend of mine recently shared this recipe with me & I’m excited to try it out this weekend!
- 12 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 lb breakfast sausage (you could sub ground beef or ground turkey)
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 1 large sweet potato, shredded
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced (or 1 tbsp onion powder)
- 2 tbsp hot sauce (I use Frank’s Red Hot)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried basil (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- optional ingredients – peppers, spinach, kale, cheese (if primal), mushrooms, etc
Preheat oven to 375. Cook sausage in skillet until done. Cook bacon (in skillet or microwave) and cut into pieces. Dice onion (as well as any optional ingredients) & shred sweet potato (a food processor is very helpful!). Add meat, onion, sweet potato & all other ingredients to egg mixture & stir well. Pour egg mixture into greased 8×8 or 9×9 glass dish. Cook for 25-30 minutes (or longer depending on size of pan) until top is browned & casserole is “springy”. Cool & enjoy!!