Welcome back to Menu Monday! This week I am sharing with you a delicious and super easy side dish (and let’s all be honest…easy is a must!). I make this all the time and I use the bagged kale you can find in the salad section at the grocery store to make it even easier on myself. It is a little tangy, a little spicy and a lot yummy. Enjoy!!!
- 1 1⁄2lbs kale, stems and leaves coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1⁄2cup chicken stock/broth or 1⁄2cup water
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add crushed red pepper flakes, if using, and let them sizzle a bit in the oil.
- Add the garlic and cook until soft, but not colored.
- Raise heat to high, add the stock and kale and toss to combine.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove cover and continue to cook, stirring until all (most) the liquid has evaporated. I like the kale to still remain bright-ish green.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and add vinegar.
Click here for the original recipe! Enjoy!!!