This delicious dip is adapted from Primal Palate & comes highly recommended from CFP member, Libba! Everyone loves going to a good tailgate or cookout & diving into the Buffalo Chicken Dip, but there’s usually that pang of guilt about all the greasy, processed stuff you’re scarfing down. This dip comes guilt free! Follow the steps below to whip up this tasty dip for your next event or even just a random week night!
- 13 oz skinless chicken breast, cooked & shredded
- 1/2 c raw cashews
- 1/2 c hot sauce (I use Frank’s)
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 3/4 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp each – garlic powder, onion powder, onion flakes
- 1/2 tsp dried chives
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 2/3 c Mayo (the good kind – not some fake stuff! Can be made at home, but store bought is just easier!)
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Boil cashews in 2 cups of water for 30 minutes.
- While cashews boil, combine all other ingredients.
- When cashews are done, place in blender with 1/2 cup of cooking liquid & blend until smooth.
- Fold in cashew cream with other ingredients.
- Pour dip mixture into small casserole dish.
- Cook for 20 minutes until top is a little crusty.
- Serve with carrots and celery sticks. Or corn chips 😉
View original recipe here.