Listen up all you macro counting, “if it fits my macros” people – this recipe’s for you! 😉 The Fat/Carb/Protein breakdown can be found below. But don’t worry, even if you don’t count your macros, you’re bound to like this recipe, too!
These protein packed pancakes hail from Ambitious Kitchen & are great for breakfast, brunch, a snack or breakfast for dinner!
- 1/2 c gluten free old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 medium banana
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 large egg whites or 1 egg
- 1/3 c fat free (or low fat) cottage cheese
- 1-2 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- optional: fresh berries, chocolate chips, peanut butter, almond butter
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Coat your skillet or griddle with butter, ghee, coconut oil or cooking spray over med/low heat.
- Drop batter by 1/4 c onto skillet.
- Add desired toppings & cook until bubbles appear on top.
- Flip cakes & cook until golden brown.
- Repeat until all batter is gone.