You had me at bacon!
Our Menu Monday is a delicious dish that can be eaten on the side or just as the main event. These little fritters are a great addition to any meal! Hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
- 4 cups spaghetti squash, cooked and cooled enough to handle
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbs coconut flour
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions (the green parts), chopped small
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper (optional)
- cooking fat, as needed (we love avocado oil)
- Need to cook your spaghetti squash first? There’s a wonderful tutorial right here on the Paleo Parents blog! For recipes using pre-cooked bacon, I like to bake it – about 15 minutes at 400 degrees!
- Put cooked and cooled spaghetti squash in a bowl and lightly salt. Walk away for 10 minutes to let the salt draw out some of the moisture. Then, put the spaghetti squash in a nut milk bag and squeeze until most of the moisture is out. This step is vital – it helps prevent the fritters from falling apart. Watery spaghetti squash = mushy fritters. And that’s no fun. If you don’t have a nut milk bag, squeeze the squash with your bare hands (or paper towels) in a colander over the sink.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl, then add bacon crumbles, green onions, coconut flour, salt, and pepper. Add cooked, wrung out spaghetti squash and mix everything.
- Add 2 or more Tbs of cooking fat of choice (ghee is also amazing here) to a skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Drop about 1/4 c of mixture at a time into skillet, quickly flattening with a fork or other utensil. Fry for 3-5 minutes on each side.
- NOTE: You can also bake these fritters if you choose. They won’t get the amazing crispy “crust”, but they still taste good! Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Scoop about 1/4 c mixture onto parchment paper-lined baking sheet and flatten with a fork or back of a spoon. Cook for about 15 minutes
Click here for the original recipe! Enjoy!!!